Why are My Competitors’ Websites Have Higher Rankings than Me on Google?
You have been doing some SEO of your own for a few weeks. And you can’t wait for your website to show up on the first page of Google search results. You’ve looked up Google for your target keyword hoping to see your website. But all you see are your competitors’ websites taking up all the coveted positions way beyond the first page. You don’t know what to do. You are wondering whether you should still wait to rope in an SEO Warrington agency!
Why are My Competitors’ Outranking Me?
When an online user looks up Google (or any other search engine for that matter) to search for something, Google presents the user with a list of websites that it thinks are most related to the query. To be able to do this, Google looks at a variety of factors including:
- Website structure
- Content on the site/page
- The website’s online authority
If your competitors are ranking better than you in Google, it’s because their websites are better in most or perhaps all of these aspects. They may have content that’s highly relevant to the niche, an extremely strong site structure or several credible sites may be linking back to them. This signifies that perhaps they have a proactive SEO campaign.
How Can I Beat My Competition and Get to the Top?
Well, if you want to put your competitors behind on the Google SERPs, you must invest in SEO and stay proactive. You must follow the very strategies they are following so your website becomes highly relevant, authoritative and reputable in your niche.
Here are some things you could do to that end:
- Add fresh, high quality and relevant content on a regular basis. Add a blog/news section to your website and update it at least once a week. Hire an SEO Warrington agency to write high quality blog posts for you.
- Write content that’s worth linking back to. Be sure to actively grow your backlink portfolio.
- Pay special attention to online reviews about your business on websites such as Yelp and Google Maps. Monitor conversations about your business on social media and proactively participate in them.
- Build good quality backlinks on directories, blogs, and web 2.0 sites. Hire a professional SEO Warrington agency to generate for high quality